Remember Christiania?

1:35 AM Posted In , , Edit This 0 Comments »
A few years back (summer of 2005) I went to Scandinavia for a summer of hitchhiking and basically doing nothing; however it didn't start as quietly as I wanted and as I was landing in Copenhagen airport so was Air Force One with George W. Bush aboard. In the whole city there were a lot of protests and one of those caught me trapped in Christiania.
A bunch of youngsters started a pretty big fire in the middle of the main street and in the blink of an eye the police arrived with a lot of cars and what not. They put out the fire and created a human shield to protect the official convoy.




It's amazing how polite the danish police was. At least half of all these people (including me) were having on them enough dough to smoke for a month, yet nobody got searched or anything.





20 minutes later everything was over, we were sitting and smoking like nothing happened.

In the winter of 2007, on my way up north to Norway I found myself in Christiania yet again. Small days, gray skies, dead leaves and happy people as always are some of my memories.


Together with Monica, we finally got "home" after thousand of miles








Posted by Picasa

0 comments: